- General Information Collected
- Personal Information Collected
- Personal Information Use
- INTEK Vendor Communications and Opt Out
- INTEK Marketing Communications and Opt Out
- Web Beacons
- Do Not Track
- Contact by INTEK
- Maintenance of Personal Information
- Links to Other Websites
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Governing Law / Transmission of Information
- How to Contact Us
- GENERAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
In order to enhance the content contained on the Services, INTEK may gather and store certain information about your visit. “General Information” is information about you or your activities through which you cannot be identified. This information may include some or all of the following items:
- The Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) and/or your computer, if it has its own static IP address. The domain name may also be collected. Your IP location information may be used during your visit to the Services to serve you location specific information or advertisements for goods or services available in your specific location, however, such information will not be collected or maintained byINTEK except in aggregate form.
- The date, time, length of stay and specific INTEK web pages, images, documents or forms accessed by you at such Services.
- Whether you are viewing any of the Services for the first time, or are a return visitor.
- The Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the website or advertisement that referred you to any of the Services.
- The search engine that referred you and any search strings or phrases entered into the search engine to find any of the Services.
- Demographic information concerning your country of origin and language(s) used.
- The type and version of the Internet browser used to visit any of the Services, the operating system on your computer and information regarding errors when viewing any of the Services.
INTEK collects this General Information and may use it to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to and users of the Services. In situations where it is possible to do so, General Information may be linked to Personal Information.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
“Personal Information” is information through which you can be identified. Providing your personal information to INTEKis your choice. INTEK maintains one or more databases to store your Personal Information and may keep such information indefinitely. Personal Information that INTEK may collect from you includes, but is not limited to, your name, postal address(es), telephone number(s), facsimile number(s), email address(es), date of birth, credit card or bank information, and any other information that you voluntarily provide. Personal Information you volunteer is used by INTEKfor internal verification, to complete requested transactions, to ensure appropriate legal use of INTEK’s goods and/or services, to provide you notification about updates to the Services, goods, services and data and to help provide you with technical support for INTEK’s goods and services.
Your Personal Information is collected from our Services, through email and/or through online applications you complete, forums, blogs, requests for newsletters, requests for INTEK or Services information, entering sweepstakes and prize promotions, taking surveys, reporting problems and through any of your other activities with INTEK. The Personal Information that INTEK collects depends on the nature of your activities.
- Registration – in order to register and activate an Account for the Services, you will need to provide Personal Information such as your full name, email address, and position or occupation. We strongly encourage you not to use any Personal Information in your username or password.
- Sweepstakes and other prize promotions – from time to time, INTEK may present sweepstakes, contests, special offers or other promotions, and in order for you to enter and win such promotions, you may need to provide Personal Information. The type and amount of Personal Information required will depend on the promotion. For example, a sweepstakes entry will require you to provide, at a minimum, your full name, address, telephone number, date of birth and email address. In the event that you are a sweepstakes or prize promotion winner, we will require you to submit to us a W9, which will require you to provide additional information, such as your social security number, in order to receive the prize.
- Voluntary submissions – information that you voluntarily submit on our “Contact Us” web page and via other surveys and feedback will require the disclosure of your first name and email address, may also include your telephone number and is used by INTEK to enhance our Services or to reply to your questions or comments.
- Online purchases – when you place an order online, we collect information associated with the transaction, including your full name, billing and mailing addresses, credit card, banking or other payment information, products ordered, shipping information and identity verification information (driver’s license, social security number). This information is used to enhance the goods that we offer through our store, as well as to ensure that our financial partners can process the payment to us and that our third party fulfillment company can deliver the products that you ordered to the address that you provided.
- Invitations – if you invite someone to use a feature of one of our Services, we will disclose your real name as part of the invitation you send, as this information is necessary to ensure that the invited person knows who has sent the invitation.
- Mobile– INTEK collects information regarding your GPS location when you use the Services and associated services from your mobile device if your device has location services enabled.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION USE
INTEK may make chat rooms, message boards, blogs, and other community services available to you on the Services. Please understand that any information that is disclosed by you in these areas becomes public information. When you disclose such information in a chat room, message board, blog or any other public forum, you do so at your own risk. INTEK has no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information or any other information about yourself. The information presented in these areas reflects the views of the individual users or hosts and does not necessarily reflect the views of INTEK or any of its affiliates. INTEK reserves the right (but has no obligation) to monitor the use of chat rooms, message boards, blogs or other public forums on the Services.
- INTEK VENDOR COMMUNICATIONS AND OPT OUT
In addition to its own use, INTEK may pass your Personal Information to third party fulfillment companies, web hosting companies, customer support specialists, data analysis firms, email service providers, shipping companies and credit card processors and/or any of their authorized agents who provide the goods or services requested to meet your needs. INTEK may also provide your email address to vendors that it deems provide goods or services which you may need. If you do not want to receive any communications by email from such vendors, then you may opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com (subject line: “Opt -Out Vendor Communications”).
- INTEK MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS AND OPT OUT
INTEK may also use your Personal Information, or a portion thereof, to send you marketing materials, product information, vendors with information that you may need, special event information, INTEK newsletters or advertisements and/or information that INTEK thinks may be of interest to you, unless you notify INTEK that you do not wish to receive such materials. INTEK may also use the services of bonded mailing houses that are authorized to use your Personal Information only for the benefit of INTEK. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Opt-Out Marketing Communications”) to request that you not be sent any or all of such information.
The use of “Cookies” is a standard practice among websites and online services. A Cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer to uniquely distinguish your visit to a website or use of an online service. Cookies are most often used to track specific information regarding your activity on a particular website or online service.
When you visit our Services, we may place a Cookie in a directory of your computer’s hard drive. The information that Cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit and your registration information. Cookies offer you many conveniences for our Services. For example, they allow INTEK to recognize certain information, such as your browser type, so we know if you can view certain plug-ins like Macromedia Flash files. They also allow us to streamline your visit to the Services based on your previous visits.
INTEK may also useflash cookies which are sometimes called local shared objects. Flash Cookies are data files that are stored on your computer by the websites that you visit. You can read more about Flash Cookies at Adobe’s (the owner)website. We may use Flash Cookies to enable or control Flash-based content in the Services. Flash Cookies provide similar functionality as permanent Cookies and are persistent and do not go away when you exit your browser or turn off your computer. You can learn how to manage Flash Cookie settings and preferences for your computer by learning about how to use the Settings Manager on Adobe’s website.
You may configure your browser to accept or deny Cookies from our Services. However, disabling or denying Cookies from our Services may render parts of them inaccessible or may cause certain web pages not to properly load. There are also several services and websites which allow you to visit websites, including our Services anonymously. Again, you may not be able to access or use all of the web pages for the Services if you use these anonymizing services or websites, and if you have an Account, you will not be able to your Account via these anonymizing services or websites.
- WEB BEACONS
INTEK may use “Web Beacons,” sometimes referred to as “clear gifs” or “web bugs,” which is another way (instead of Cookies) to help personalize your experience on the Services. Web Beacons are typically invisible to you and are generally embedded in very small clear graphics files. We may use Web Beacons to monitor certain non-personally identifiable information about you, including the URL of the page from which the Web Beacon originated, the type of browser used, the IP address of your computer and the time you viewed the Web Beacon. We may also use Web Beacons to assist our third party advertising and/or content companies in providing the contact they believe you want to see. Web Beacons are also used to allow such third parties to determine how many people view the advertisements and/or click through, and to assist in serving and managing advertisements and content. While Web Beacons do not collect Personal Information, the information collected by them may be used in conjunction with Cookies to identify aggregate information about users of our Services.
- DO NOT TRACK
INTEK does not currently have the capabilities to recognize the Do Not Track signals from Internet browsers. Therefore, any selection you make within your Internet browser will not be applied to the Services. For more information regarding Do Not Track you can visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
- CONTACT BY INTEK
You do not have to participate in INTEK’s mailing lists (newsletters) in order to use the Services. However, if you elect not to receive such newsletters, you may miss valuable information on INTEK, its products and/or its services. INTEK will not contact you nor send you marketing materials unless you have accepted to receive such contact or information (i.e., you have not opted out).
- MAINTENANCE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have an Account, you can access your Personal Information by logging into your Account. If you do not have an Account, or are locked out of your Account, you can access your Personal Information contained in INTEK’s database by contacting us at email@example.com. If believe that any of your information is incorrect or needs updating, and you cannot make the change yourself within your Account, please let us know either at the email address listed in this section, or by U.S. Postal Mail to our address listed below (Attn: Account Access). INTEK will use reasonable efforts to correct your information and our records upon verification of the requested change. If you no longer wish to receive email or postal notifications about our Services, products, services or special promotions, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending us a letter via U.S. Postal Mail at our address listed below (Attn: Opt-Out of Mailings) and specifying in the text of your email or letter which notifications you no longer wish to receive. In addition, within the text of your email or letter, you should provide your exact name and address so that we can do our best to ensure that you stop receiving the notifications that you no longer wish to receive. After such a request is received, INTEK will use reasonable efforts to refrain from including you when sending such notifications by noting your opt-out election in our database.
You decide what Personal Information you make available to other users of our Services, including in or on our chats, blogs, posts and other disclosures. All users of our Servicesshould be aware that information you make available via these disclosures is public and not private. INTEK is not responsible for and cannot control the actions of others who will have access to this information, therefore, we do not and cannot guarantee that the information you disclose in this manner will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
INTEK may provide security measures that are designed to restrict access to certain portions of the Services, such as private chat rooms and message boards, restricted forums, team areas or instant messaging, but INTEK cannot and is not responsible for circumvention of these security measures or for further distribution or use of any information you disclose in public areas by others. We may also provide you tools to edit and remove the information or materials you make available on our Services, but even after removal, copies of any information you post may remain viewable in cached, archived or otherwise saved media that is outside the control of INTEK. You are solely responsible for any information and materials that you choose to make available on public areas of our Services.
INTEK does not knowingly solicit or collect information from anyone under the age of eighteen (18), unless explicitly stated on a Site or in a Service, and unless stated therein, all of the Services are directed at persons 18 years of age or older. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of eighteen (18), or the legal age of contract majority, and have authorized your child to use your computer, we urge you to instruct your child never to give out his or her real name, address, phone number, email address or other personally identifying information while on our Services. There are no computer applications on our Services which allow for the determination of your age. If INTEK discovers that Personal Information of a child under 13 has been collected without parental or guardian consent, INTEK will take reasonable steps to delete this information. All information volunteered to INTEK will be treated the same as information given by an adult. INTEK recommends that the Internet browsing behavior of any child should be carefully supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Services may contain several links to or integrations with other websites whose information practices may be different than ours. Neither INTEK, nor any of its parent, officers, directors, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, representatives, vendors or suppliers is responsible for the content, privacy policies, products, services, reliability, viewpoint or accuracy of information on any such websites. We do not control and are not responsible for the collection of personal information by third party websites, including websites owned or controlled by our preferred financial partners, advertisers, vendors and/or websites not controlled or authorized by INTEK. Third party websites that are accessed through links on our Service or integrations with other websites have separate privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the policies implemented by third parties on their websites. You should contact those third parties directly to ask questions about their privacy policies.
The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access and improper use. INTEK makes access to your Personal Information subject to certain security measures, including technological controls such as “firewalls,” in accordance with industry standards. When the use of an INTEK web page involves the transmission of Personal Information or confidential information, INTEK may use Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology to establish a secure connection between your computer and INTEK. SSL allows the transmission of encrypted information from your computer to INTEK and back again and is currently the industry standard for Internet platform security. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods.
Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so while INTEK strives to protect your Personal Information, INTEK cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you voluntarily give to INTEK.
INTEK reserves the right to monitor all network traffic to our Services to identify and/or block unauthorized attempts or intrusions to upload or change information or cause damage to any of our Services in any manner. Anyone using any of our Services expressly consents to such monitoring.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS/”SHINE THE LIGHT”
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY. Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your Personal Information with third parties. If you reside in California and have provided your Personal Information to INTEK, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: email@example.com or
INTEK America, Inc.
Attn: California Privacy Rights
18528 S. Dominguez Hills Drive
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90220
Within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of those third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this Section.
- GOVERNING LAW / TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION
By using the Services, you explicitly agree that any claims or actions that you may otherwise have against INTEK under the laws of any jurisdiction other than in the United States are hereby waived, including without limitation, any claims or actions under the laws of your own country, and that your sole location and applicable law for any disputes is in the United States according to the terms of this Section 28.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
U.S. Postal Mail:
INTEK America, Inc.
310 632 2002 x131
310 632 2727
©2014 INTEK America, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved.
Updated: April 14, 2016